Best Italian Restaurants in Huntington
The term sounds very fancy but it is simply means fixed price. It is a French term that refers to a type of menu featuring a pre-selected list of dishes and prices. We want our customers to leave with a full stomach, happy and talking about the next time they will be eating at one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington. This term goes all the way back to the French Revolution which shows its history. Displaced chef’s who no longer worked for aristocrats opened their own establishments, selling food to the public. The prix fixe menu evolved out of those early restaurants, offering a multi-course meal with a set price – which is still a common style of menu in many fine dining restaurants today. Home to some of the most delicious Italian Cuisine in Huntington, we offer a $40 prix fixe menu Sunday through Thursday.
Why Prix Fixe?
They are not very common in the United States, usually found in Europe the prix fixe menu offers us a variety of advantages that we can offer to you. For our chef it allows him to design a meal that flows together one after another. It also allows him to showcase his creativity and the opportunity to feed our customers in a way they will love. Prix fixe also allows our service to perfectly time the meals for each table. The table gets their course delivered at the same time so there is no waiting for everyone to have their food to begin eating.
Prix Fixe at Jonathan’s Ristorante
Each week is a chance to see what our menu has to offer. With many seasonal favorites like roasted turkey, butternut squash soup, and pumpkin pie it will give you a taste of Thanksgiving before the big day. But your meal is not complete until you pair your selection with one of our many wines, right for the occasion. So what are you waiting for come see what all the buzz is about with Jonathan’s Ristorante? Call us and make a reservation today at one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington!
Are you looking for upscale dining in Huntington? Jonathan’s Ristorante is the perfect place for you. With our extensive wine list, you will be able to find the perfect bottle to pair with any meal. Our contemporary Italian menu has such a variety of options that anyone can find something they will enjoy.
When looking for upscale dining in Huntington, it will make you more comfortable to know some do’s and don’ts.
- Select cutlery from the far sides of the dish and work your way in
- When eating soup, drink it from the edge of your spoon
- Ask your hostess to excuse you when leaving the table
- Check the dress code
- Scoop food with your fork
- Never pick up cutlery from the floor
- Tuck your napkin into your shirt
- Never clink your glass before giving a toast
- Pull out your cell phone
- Leave your keys on the table
There are also a few rules of etiquette one should be aware of at one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington. There is much more to the upscale dining experience than simply dressing up nicely. The rules of etiquette include the following:
- When trying to get the servers attention wait until you make eye contact and then lift up your index finger. Never flail your arms around in their direction.
- Arrive on time for your reservation
- Allow your guest(s) to give their order before you
- Place your napkin on your lap when you are seated at the table. If you leave the table, place your napkin on your chair.
- Sit with good posture and make sure you don’t put your elbows on the table.
At Jonathan’s Ristorante, we care that you have the best experience of upscale dining in Huntington. We hope that this how-to guide provides you with the tools you need to feel prepared and comfortable when dining with us here at one of the premier Italian restaurants in Huntington. Contact us to make a reservation, and leave your baseball caps at home. Our staff awaits you.
Best Italian Restaurants in Huntington
At Jonathan’s Ristorante, our menu options are broken down into six categories: today’s specials, lunch, dinner, Sun – Fri $35 Prix Fixe, bar, and catering. We also carry an assortment of different wines which come from small vineyards in Italy, France, Australia, and California. Owner Roberto Ornato believes the different aspects of the restaurant differentiate it from the other Italian restaurants in Huntington, NY, therefore, we were recognized by Zagat, with an “award of distinction” and voted one of America’s top 1,000 Italian Restaurants. Come join us with your family and experience the classy atmosphere for yourself. Jonathan’s Ristorante is one of the most highly regarded Italian restaurants in Huntington!
Our lunch menu offers a variety of different Italian classics, such as arancini and pasta, as well as our take on non-Italian dishes, like the turkey burger, which is prepared with fontina, caramelized onions, and sweet potato fries. This menu also has an assortment of starters, salads, burgers and sandwiches, meats, pasta, seafood, and additional sides.
Our dinner menu is a combination of dishes served during lunch, with a variety of other additions. This includes salads, appetizers, “easy to share,” pasta and risotto, fish and meat, and sides.
Our “easy to share” dishes include:
- Fritto Misto
- Learn more about speck here
- Piatto di Formaggi
- Piatto di Salami
This menu is exactly what the title suggests: four dishes which can be shared with loved ones or a group, even indulged on your own.
Our bar menu has an assortment of cocktails, wine by the glass, beer, as well as “bar small bites” to fill your stomach. Every Sunday through Friday, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., you can indulge in happy hour specials including:
- $1.50 Little Neck Clams
- $1.50 Shrimp Cocktail
- $2 Raw Oysters
- $3 Oyster Rockefeller
- $3 Clams Casino
- $4 Crab Cake
- $4 Mushroom | Truffle Arancini
- $3 Off ALL Cocktails, Wine, and Beer
Also, every Sunday and Tuesday, we have 30% off bottles of wine $60 and up!
If you are looking for one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington, NY for your event, Jonathan’s Ristorante can help! Depending on your preferences and number of guests, you may select from two different party menu options. You can also add additional items which include:
- Passed Hors-d’oeuvres
- Pasta Intermezzo
- Beer & Wine Package
- Premium Open Bar
- Bubbly Shower Package
- Espresso & Cappuccino
You may also select cocktail hour items with your choice of five of our many passed hors-d’oeuvres!
With all the Italian restaurants in Huntington, NY, it can be difficult to choose your favorite. Drop by Jonathan’s Ristorante or schedule an online reservation today!
The Benefits of French Wine
Not only does wine have a delightful taste, but it also has many benefits for your health! A diet rich with wine, especially red wine, is known to have health benefits for your heart and longevity. Here at Jonathan’s Ristorante, one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington, we have a large selection of wine and a great variety of delectable French wines. Visit us and enjoy a glass of wine; there are more health benefits than you think.
Wines of the South West Region of France
The residents of the Sud-Ouest France, known as the Gers region, are of the longest living people in France and the benefits of their local wines contribute to their longevity. The local wines of this region such as Madiran, Cahors, Bergerac, and Saint-Mont are very rich in procyanidins. These are antioxidants that provide many heart-healthy benefits such as:
- Preventing cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Preventing blood clots.
- Boosting the health of your endothelium (tissue lining your heart and blood vessels).
The wines of the Sud-Ouest region have more procyanidins than most Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
Benefits of Wine
Along with the benefits that procyanidins provide, there are many more health benefits that come with drinking wine. Here are a few of the positive advantages that come with a moderate consumption of wine:
- Promotes longevity.
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks.
- Protects against heart disease.
- Reduces risk of stroke.
- Reduces chances of getting Type-2 Diabetes.
French Wine Selection at Jonathan’s
At Jonathan’s Ristorante, an Italian restaurant in Huntington, we have an extensive list of delightful wines from across the globe. Within that selection, we offer a wide variety of reds, whites, and champagnes from France. Here is our French wine selection:
- Chateauneuf du Pape, Domaine Santa Duc, Habemus Papam
- Pommard Bastion de L’Ortoire, Chanson, Cote de Beaune
- Bouchard Pere & Fils, Beaune 1er Cru Clos de la Mousse
- Bordeaux, Chateau La Grave, Pomerol, Trigant De Boisset
- Sancerre, Jean-Paul Balland
- Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc, Domaine Saint Prefert, Rhone
- Puligny-Montrachet, Joseph Drouhin, Burgundy
- Corton-Charlemagne, Grand Cru, Louis Latour, Burgundy
- Veuve Clicquot, Yellow Label, Brut, France
- Pol Roger, Reserve, France
- Dom Perignon, Moet-Chandon, France
There is so much history behind a single bottle of wine and a lot of time that goes into making these drinks so delightful. Here are a few facts about the French wines we offer here at one of the best Italian restaurants:
- About 3,000 cases on average of Bordeaux wine are made each year at Chateau La Grave, Pomerol.
- Champagne, Pol Roger, Reserve, France was the champagne that was served to His Royal Highness Prince Harry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle at their wedding reception at Windsor Castle.
Visit us at Jonathan’s Ristorante, one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington, to try some of these lovely wines from France!
Deciding on which wine to choose for your meal can be a challenging task for some. There are so many different options to choose from since wines are made all over the world. At Jonathan’s Ristorante, an exquisite restaurant in Huntington, we make it easy for you with a top selection of wines organized by country of origin, including Italy.
Our Italian Wine Selection:
If you are looking for one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington that has a great selection of Italian wines, Jonathan’s Ristorante is your answer. We have an award-winning wine assortment and a wide range of Italian wines. We have a selection of 13 white wines from Italy and a selection of 40 red wines from all over Italy, including Tuscany, Piedmont, Venice, and Sicily. Our collection of Italian wine is not only great to enjoy by themselves but also are great to pair with a number of items on our menu. As an example choosing one of our white wines, like a Chardonnay will pair excellently with our Salmon on our dinner menu. On our lunch menu, our grass-fed shell steak pairs well with one of our Italian red wines.
Italian wines regions:
- Veneto- This region of Italy located near Venice is known for its red wines. It is most known for its Amarone wines, as well as producing Merlot and white wine Chardonnay. There are also a lot of great white wines produced here as well. One of which is a Soave white wine, which is similar to a Chardonnay.
- Tuscany- Tuscany is one of the most famous regions of Italy because of the wine they produce. It is known as the Chianti region and produces some of the most famous Sangiovese in the world.
- Piedmont- This area of Italy is also known for its red wines. It is distinct in its acidity in the wine. On our wine list, we have multiple wines from this region including a Dolcetto and Nebbiolo.
- Sicily- Most wines from Sicily are dark red wines because of the climate in which they are produced in. One wine that we have in our selection, Nero D’Avola, is one of the best wines produced in this region.
At Jonathan’s Ristorante, one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington, we have an exceptional assortment of wines, specifically our Italian selection of wines. The wines we have on our menu come from all over Italy and will pair well with the food on our menu as well. Be sure to contact us today to make a reservation!
What Is Linguine Nere?
Linguine is a popular type of pasta which is wide, flat, and thin and similar to fettuccine and trenette. “Linguine Nere” also known as “Squid Ink Linguine” is believed to have originated in Sicily. At Jonathan’s Ristorante, one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington, we serve Linguine Nere with authentically made squid ink linguine, shrimp, and spicy San Marzano tomato sauce. With a complex combination of flavors, it is no wonder this dish is one of the most popular on both our lunch and dinner menus.
When pairing wine with this dish, there are many considerations to be made. A medium body wine designed to complement the squid ink and shrimp or the spicy San Marzano sauce is a great start
If you prefer white wine, some great options on our extensive wine list include:
If you prefer red wine some good options include:
We featured Italian wines that are grown and cultivated near the Mediterranean Sea to capture the essence of this dish. Feel free to pick any wine you prefer or ask one of our team members for help in making the right selection. To view our complete wine list, click here.
Artisanal Dishes Available At Italian Restaurants In Huntington
Our extensive lunch and dinner menus feature a wide variety of authentic Italian dishes which include:
- Arancini- Mushroom rice balls with truffle aioli
- Fritto di Carciofini- Sauteed baby artichokes, & basil pesto
- Piadini- Flatbread with prosciutto, ricotta, figs, & honey
- Linguine Nere- Squid ink linguine, shrimp, spicy San Marzano tomato sauce
- Spaghetti Vongole- Manilla clams, roasted garlic & habanero chile
- Bucatini- Nonna Alba’s bolognese sauce
- Arugula- Cherry tomatoes, citrus vinaigrette, with Parmigiano or goat cheese
- Insalata di Cocomero- Mint, watermelon, & ricotta salata
- Mista Robiola- Beets, pomegranate, robiola cheese, & walnuts
- Little Neck clams- Half dozen
- Salmone- Heirloom potato/string bean salad, dill vinaigrette sauce
- Oysters- Half dozen
Do you have difficulties picking a California wine? This is because Napa and Sonoma are two of United States’s more prestigious wine regions. At Jonathan’s Ristorante, one of the best Italian restaurants in Huntington, our extensive wine list features wines from both regions perfect for pairing with our artisanal menu.
With over 450 wineries in Napa Valley, there are an enormous amount of wines for you to explore. Napa’s diversity in soil type, climate conditions, and its topographical advantages make it a popular area for winemakers to create superior quality wines.
Some of the more commonly-produced Napa wines include:
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
Compared to Sonoma, Napa is a much more developed region. This is evident in the number of growing wineries that are being established in Napa versus Sonoma.
In fact, the Napa planning commission generally approves an average of 20 wineries every 12 months. Although Napa is a big base for top quality wines, it only produces an estimated 5% of all wine deliveries across California.
Some Napa wine brands we feature include:
Contact us today for a wine bar in Huntington that serves some of these incredible Napa wines.
Although Napa has a consistent production of chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon, Sonoma produces a wide variety of quality wines. It has over 60,000 acres of land mass for top wineries – which is a lot more than the 43,000 acres that Napa boasts! With an adequate variety of microclimates, Sonoma has many opportunities to make quality wines that can compete on a national level. Research has shown that Sonoma dominates in the production of the following wine selection:
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot noir
- Pinot Black
- Pinot Gris
- Cabernet Franc
- Petit Sirah
This selection has placed Sonoma at level with the advances of Napa wines. Although both valleys supply an exquisite number of quality wines, it is up to the taste-tester to decide which one wins.
Some Sonoma wine brands we feature include:
For a wine bar in Huntington, contact us here to make a reservation!