The Benefits of French Wine
Not only does wine have a delightful taste, but it also has many benefits for your health! A diet rich with wine, especially red wine, is known to have health benefits for your heart and longevity. Here at Jonathan’s Ristorante, an Italian restaurant in Huntington, we have a large selection of wine and a great variety of delectable French wines. Visit us and enjoy a glass of wine; there are more health benefits than you think.
Wines of the South West Region of France
The residents of the Sud-Ouest France, known as the Gers region, are of the longest living people in France and the benefits of their local wines contribute to their longevity. The local wines of this region such as Madiran, Cahors, Bergerac, and Saint-Mont are very rich in procyanidins. These are antioxidants that provide many heart-healthy benefits such as:
- Preventing cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Preventing blood clots.
- Boosting the health of your endothelium (tissue lining your heart and blood vessels).
The wines of the Sud-Ouest region have more procyanidins than most Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
Benefits of Wine
Along with the benefits that procyanidins provide, there are many more health benefits that come with drinking wine. Here are a few of the positive advantages that come with a moderate consumption of wine:
- Promotes longevity.
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks.
- Protects against heart disease.
- Reduces risk of stroke.
- Reduces chances of getting Type-2 Diabetes.
French Wine Selection at Jonathan’s
At Jonathan’s Ristorante, an Italian restaurant in Huntington, we have an extensive list of delightful wines from across the globe. Within that selection, we offer a wide variety of reds, whites, and champagnes from France. Here is our French wine selection:
- Chateauneuf du Pape, Domaine Santa Duc, Habemus Papam
- Pommard Bastion de L’Ortoire, Chanson, Cote de Beaune
- Bouchard Pere & Fils, Beaune 1er Cru Clos de la Mousse
- Bordeaux, Chateau La Grave, Pomerol, Trigant De Boisset
- Sancerre, Jean-Paul Balland
- Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc, Domaine Saint Prefert, Rhone
- Puligny-Montrachet, Joseph Drouhin, Burgundy
- Corton-Charlemagne, Grand Cru, Louis Latour, Burgundy
- Champagne, Veuve Clicquot, Yellow Label, Brut, France
- Champagne, Pol Roger, Reserve, France
- Champagne, Dom Perignon, Moet-Chandon, France
There is so much history behind a single bottle of wine and a lot of time that goes into making these drinks so delightful. Here are a few facts about the French wines we offer at Jonathan’s:
- About 3,000 cases on average of Bordeaux wine are made each year at Chateau La Grave, Pomerol.
- Champagne, Pol Roger, Reserve, France was the champagne that was served to His Royal Highness Prince Harry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle at their wedding reception at Windsor Castle.
Visit us at Jonathan’s Ristorante, an Italian restaurant in Huntington, to try some of these lovely wines from France!