What Foods Pair Best with Red Wine
Many people love to indulge in a glass of wine. Some people especially enjoy it while out to eat. At Jonathan’s Ristorante a Restaurant near 11743, we offer a variety of wines you can select from to have an incredible dining experience.
What Is Red Wine?
Red wine can range from hundreds of different types of tastes such as fruity, dry, earthy, silky, bold, and the list of flavors could go on. Wine can also be divided into light, bold, fortified, and aged as a category too. Red wine is a dryer type of wine, and due to the way the wine is made and the tannins in it. Some favorite red wines include Cabaret, Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Malbec.
Foods That Red Wine Pair Best With
Most red wines are typically paired with foods with bold flavors. Red wines have a strong taste, and it needs food with an equal or stronger taste so you can taste the difference between the wine and the food. Pairings include:
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sometimes this wine tends to be somewhat of a fuller bodied wine, which goes great with dishes such as red meat Also, roast or grill lamb is always a winner with this type of wine.
- This wine is best paired with turkey or roasted chicken. At Jonathan’s Ristorante, a Restaurant near 11743, we make a dish called Pollo al Limone that would go excellent with a glass of Merlot.
- Pinot Noir
- Which is a lighter body of wine pairs well with seafood for example salmon or ahi tuna. Also, bright reds should be paired with a more fruity flavor such as salads or flatbreads.
- This is more of bold red wine and is usually best paired with bolder food flavors such as Vegetarian stews, tomato-heavy chicken dishes, and fish like salmon.
Visit Our Restaurant near 11743
Like many high-end restaurants, we carry an expansive wine list that pairs well with many different foods. Italian restaurants are an excellent way to try the best wines and see which wine tastes best with different foods. At Jonathan’s Ristorante, a Restaurant near 11743, we’ve been awarded the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator in regards to their 90 plus wine list and an artisanal menu to help bring out these exceptional wines. Jonathan’s Ristorante is happy to help with any wine or food questions. Make sure to contact us today to make a reservation.
Different Wine To Pair With Italian Food
Italian food makes for a delicious meal, but what you put on your plate is just as important as what you pour into your glass. Choosing the right wine to pair with your dish can make all of the difference in your meal. Of course, use your judgment and go with what you like best. However, choosing a wine that holds similar richness and flavor to your dish can make for a transformative experience. Jonathan’s Ristorante, a Restaurant near 11743, can help you find the perfect wine to complement your meal. Here are some guidelines for crafting the perfect pairing:
Cabernet Sauvignon is a top-rated red wine known for its primary flavors of black cherry and black currant. It’s bold and rich taste makes it an excellent pairing for dishes with intense flavor; it also pairs best with dishes with peppery or red tomato-based sauces. Try it with one of our delicious steaks. Here at Jonathan’s Ristorante, we offer four different steaks that can go wonderfully with a glass of Cabernet! (You will not regret it.)
This wine holds notes of cherry, plum, and chocolate. It pairs well with a variety of foods, but it particularly compliments red wine and tomato-based sauces nicely. Try it with our Linguine Neri con Gamberi or one of our prime steaks.
This wine is a light and smooth red wine known for its cherry and raspberry flavor. Pinot Noir is a very versatile wine, pairing well with red sauces as well as cream or oil-based sauces. It particularly complements dishes with mushrooms, chicken, pork, and duck. Visit our Restaurant near 11743 to try it with our Pollo al Limone or Anatra, which will go perfectly with a nice glass of red wine.
Known for its cherry, plum, and tomato flavors, Chianti is a high acid wine that goes best with equally acidic food. Specifically, tomato-based sauces pair beautifully with this wine. Try it with our Linguine Neri con Gamberi.
Chardonnay is a highly popular white wine, rich in flavors like starfruit, yellow apple, and vanilla. Its creamy and buttery flavor makes it an excellent pairing for dishes with cream or oil-based sauces and seafood dishes. Try it with our Salmone Alla Piastra.
This light white wine holds flavors of grapefruit, honeydew, and gooseberry. Pair it with a Piadina appetizer, and you will not be disappointed.
Pinot Grigio / Pinot Gris
The lemon, pear, and white nectarine flavors of Pinot Grigio pair excellently with seafood and white meat dishes. Try pairing it with our Pollo al Limone or Salmone Alla Piastra.
Sauvignon Blanc / Fumé Blanc
This light wine has notes of apple and honeydew. Its crisp and acidic flavor makes it the perfect match for cream/oil-based sauces. Try it with our tasty Tagliatelle. If thinking about all of these delicious combinations has your mouthwatering, visit Jonathan’s Ristorante a Restaurant near 11743, and taste it for yourself! Our extensive wine list, flavorful menu, and friendly service will provide you with an unforgettable dining experience. Give us a call or visit our website today to make a reservation!
Why is Italian Food So Popular?
For many people, Italian food is the go-to food option, but why is it so popular? Italian food can range from pizza to a big bowl of pasta. This kind of food has developed through hundreds of years and has been passed down from generation to generation. Italian food is one of the main things that bring Italians together! Jonathan’s Ristorante is a Restaurant near 11743 that makes refined Italian dishes that will want you coming back for another taste.
Restaurant near 11743
One of the main reasons Italian food is so popular is because of the flavors the simplicity of the ingredients. Many popular Italian dishes have a small number of ingredients and are focused on the quality of the food rather than the preparation. From the Italian wine to the cheeses, Italian food is elegant and of high quality. The most popular Italian dishes include:
- Pizza and pasta (the two most popular Italian dishes!)
- Arancini (stuffed rice balls)
- Saltimbocca (veal with slices of prosciutto)
Popular Italian desserts include:
All of these dishes go back years in Italian culture and have been passed down, like many other Italian dishes. If you are looking for a Restaurant near 11743 where you can get authentic Italian food, Jonathan’s Ristorante is the place!
Italian food is also so popular because people love cheese! Whether it is on your pizza, pasta, or paired with wine, almost all Italian food is complemented with some type of cheese! Some of the most popular Italian cheeses include:
Visit Our Restaurant near 11743
At Jonathan’s Restaurant, we have all of the popular Italian dishes on our menu that will remind you why Italian food is so popular and any of our delicious wines will complement our Italian dishes even more. Make a reservation at our Restaurant near 11743 today and get a taste of Italy!
Restaurant near 11743 Italian Wine Selection
Deciding on which wine to choose for your meal can be a challenging task for some. There are so many different options to choose from since wines are made all over the world. At Jonathan’s Ristorante, an exquisite Restaurant near 11743, we make it easy for you with a top selection of wines organized by country of origin, including Italy.
Our Italian Wine Selection:
If you are looking for a Restaurant near 11743 that has a great selection of Italian wines, Jonathan’s Ristorante is your answer. We have an award-winning wine assortment and a wide range of Italian wines. We have a selection of 13 white wines from Italy and a selection of 40 red wines from all over Italy, including Tuscany, Piedmont, Venice, and Sicily. Our collection of Italian wine is not only great to enjoy by themselves but also are great to pair with a number of items on our menu. As an example choosing one of our white wines, like a Chardonnay will pair excellently with our Salmon on our dinner menu. On our lunch menu, our grass-fed shell steak pairs well with one of our Italian red wines.
Italian Wines Regions:
- Veneto- This region of Italy located near Venice is known for its red wines. It is most known for its Amarone wines, as well as producing Merlot and white wine Chardonnay. There are also a lot of great white wines produced here as well. One of which is a Soave white wine, which is similar to a Chardonnay.
- Tuscany- Tuscany is one of the most famous regions of Italy because of the wine they produce. It is known as the Chianti region and produces some of the most famous Sangiovese in the world.
- Piedmont- This area of Italy is also known for its red wines. It is distinct in its acidity in the wine. On our wine list, we have multiple wines from this region including a Dolcetto and Nebbiolo.
- Sicily- Most wines from Sicily are dark red wines because of the climate in which they are produced in. One wine that we have in our selection, Nero D’Avola, is one of the best wines produced in this region.
Contact Our Restaurant near 11743
At Jonathan’s Ristorante, a Restaurant near 11743, we have an exceptional assortment of wines, specifically our Italian selection of wines. The wines we have on our menu come from all over Italy and will pair well with the food on our menu as well. Be sure to contact us today to make a reservation!
What Do Summer Wines Pair Best With?
With summer just around the corner, our palettes are beginning to adjust to the warm weather. There are often different foods and drinks that are more appropriate for the weather change. For example, certain summer wines are paired well with certain foods when the weather gets warmer. Of course, different summer wines pair best with different types of food. Jonathan’s Ristorante, a Restaurant near 11743 has been serving different summer wines since 1994!
Best Summer Wine and Food Pairings
It is no secret that certain wines go well with certain foods. For summer, as our wines adjust, so do the foods we eat. Among the best summer wine and good pairings are:
- Rosé – Best paired with cheeses, pesto pasta, and grilled fish and shellfish for a perfect taste of summer! This wine would also go great with
- White Wines – Commonly paired with seafood options such as oysters, shrimp, clams, and muscles for a perfect flavor for summer.
- Chardonnay – For summer, it is best to pair with Chardonnays either salmon, chicken, or a creamy pasta dish. At Jonathan’s Ristorante, a Restaurant near 11743 we offer a dish called Salmone a La Piastra that would go wonderfully with a glass of chardonnay.
- Red Wines – Among the best summer pairings for red wines include grilled steaks such as New York strip, bone-in porterhouse, and Delmonico.
- Pinot Noir – Pinot Noir summer pairings exceed those of many other wines. Among the many foods that pair with these wines for a sweet summer flavor are grilled tuna, salmon, swordfish, pork tenderloin, chicken, duck, pork chops, and pasta with light red sauce.
- Shiraz, Malbec, Zinfandel – These wines pair well with barbequed foods such as ribs, burgers, flank steak, smoked meats, grilled pork tenderloin, and grilled pizzas.
Make A Reservation At Our Restaurant near 11743
Make sure to pair your wines with the best foods this summer. At Jonathan’s Ristorante, we have an extensive wine list and menu of foods to pair perfectly with them! At our Restaurant near 11743, we want you to enjoy your summer and match our delicious foods with your favorite wines. Make a reservation today and get the perfect taste of summer this year!