It’s always a great achievement for a restaurant to win an award. And while it is a great honor, no matter what the accolade, the Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence is a particularly esteemed one. For this reason, restaurants who receive this award are held at a high level of prestige. Jonathan’s Ristorante, a wine bar in Huntington, is a proud winner of the Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence. Given that, This recognition is important to us as it showcases our ceaseless attention to quality and detail.
What is the Wine Spectator’s Award Of Excellence?
The Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence was created in 1981 by Marvin R. Shanken. He created this award in order to address the lack of attention that restaurants gave to their wine list. Furthermore, the creation of this award aimed to elevate restaurant wine selection standards around the world and continues to encourage great programs to provide a variety of cuisine, prices, and producers.
This is a very prestigious award that has only been award to 2,335 winners globally. Likewise, Jonathan’s Ristorante is an excellent wine bar in Huntington and one of the proud winners of this award.
How does one qualify?
In order to qualify, a restaurant must have:
- Complete Wine list – Typically the wine list will have at least 90 selections with a well-chosen assortment of quality producers. In addition to a thematic match to the menu in both price and style.
- Accurate Information– This includes vintage and applications for all selections
Why did Jonathan’s Ristorante qualify?
At Jonathan’s Ristorante, a wine bar in Huntington, we have a very detailed list which encompasses a wide variety of wines. Because of our incredible wine list, we are a proud winner of the Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence.
Likewise, some of our popular wines include:
- Vernaccia, Terre di tufi, ‘Teruzzi & Puthod, Toscana
- Etna Bianco, Archineri, Sicily
- Chenin Blanc/ Viognier, Pine Ridge, Napa Valley
- Châteauneuf du Pape Blanc, Domaine Saint Prefert, Rhone
- Chianti Classico, Gagliole ‘Rubiolo’, Toscana
- Pinot Noir, ‘Twelve Clones’, Morgan, Santa Lucia Highlands
- Malbec, Masi, Mendoza
Henceforth, make a reservation today and check out our extensive wine list and world-class cuisine!